6.05.2010

Beach Trip






Our trip to Destin was not exactly relaxing. It's really difficult to travel with a baby. We spent hours and hours packing everything in the house and then spent hours putting everything the entire night---which is not unique really---but I could tell that Jackson sensed we were in another place. The company that I rented the crib, rocking chair, bed rail and high chair from failed to bring the most important item--the rocking chair. After holding Jackson in the chair for several hours the second night, I got up and flipped the chair upside down. I had to lay a screaming baby on a pillow on the floor and pick up all of the pillows and junk up off the floor. Kids and teens were screaming outside the room near the elevators which I know prevented Jackson from falling into a deep sleep. The overhead light in the bedroom was on some kind of weird light switch where it would not totally turn off. I could continue to complain, but it is unnecessary. At least we got some wonderful time on the beach before it is ruined by the oil spill. We had some excellent fish. Jackson loved playing in the pool with his daddy. We might wait a few years to do it again though. Now I need to just finish unpacking and washing all the dirty clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment